An interview with Lewis Mehl-Madrona, MD, Psychiatrist, and author of three books: Coyote Medicine, Coyote Wisdom, and Coyote Healing
You've heard that it's takes a village to raise a child, but Dr. Mehl-Madrona believes that it often takes a community to heal someone who is ill. The indigenous ways have much to teach us. In his books and this interview he tells us stories that he's told to his patients to help in their healing process. These stories give us universal wisdom and strength.
· Discover how to use the community to help your friends and family heal
· See how to integrate contemporary medicine with traditional healing
· Learn the traditional meaning of the Four Directions
· See how you can use stories to enhance the healing process
· Discover the hidden meaning of the Native American Medicine Wheel
· Be Inspired to live in harmony with the seasons and nature
· Learn about the real meaning of “success” in healing
· Explore how to use our ancestors’ spirits in healing and story
· Find out what the benefits of ceremony can be in your life
· Learn to create your own ceremonies for daily living
· See how the Ravens Beak story relates to modern health issues
Lewis Mehl-Madrona holds an M.D. from Stanford University and has been a practicing doctor for over 20 years. An experienced healer who has led many Native American healing ceremonies, Dr. Mehl-Madrona has also headed traditional medical clinics, helping AIDS and cancer patients as well as researching the benefits of relaxation techniques to aid in the natural correction of breech positioned babies. He is currently an Associate Professor of Family Practice at the University Of Hawaii School Of Medicine. He has been studying and working in the field of Native American and indigenous healing for many years.
Liz Lipski, PhD, CCN Is the host of the Access to Health Experts interview series. She holds a doctorate and is board certified in Clinical Nutrition, is the author of Digestive Wellness, Digestive Wellness for Children, and Leaky Gut Syndrome. She’s the Director of Doctoral Studies at Hawthorn Health and Nutrition Institute, and the nutrition editor for Pilates Style Magazine. Dr. Lipski is the founder of several web-based health information sites including Innovative Healing and Access to Health Experts.